Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pregnant!

On November 5th, 2008 Kevin and I found out that I was pregnant! We were so excited and could hardly wait for the July 21st due date! Our first ultrasound at 17.5 weeks was a strange experience where the tech would not confirm the baby's gender and when we asked for pictures he disappeared for 20 minutes and returned with x-ray sheets of random images (like baby's kidneys, umbilical cord etc.) We were thinking more like a little 4x4 sheet of the peanut's body or head. Never fear - second ultrasound at 22 weeks was WAY BETTER! We found out it is a GIRL! The first thing Kevin said was "Oh my god, I am going to have a teenage daughter!" After the shock of this wore off, he was in full "princess mode." Here are some of her first real photos of the baby from the 22 week ultrasound:
Holly's feet

Praying hands

Holly's spine and body

Holly's profile

Holly sucking her thumb (my favorite!)


The pregnancy went pretty well. I had no major problems to complain about except for hip pain (the whole time) and some minor food aversions during the first triemester. I had a total of 5 ultrasounds because the baby's size measurements were very low percentiles each time. Kevin took pictures of me as my belly grew!

Me at 28 weeks

Me at 33 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.